Tuesday, January 8, 2008

There hasn't been much to add to RWW blog since much of December and January weather has been too cold for outdoor training. I've been averaging around 47 miles a week for the past two months, with one or two "quality" workouts(tempo, speed, or fartlek).
This week has been warm for Timmins in January, with highs in the mid 30s. So I've been able to take two consecutive runs outdoors. It's still snow covered in places, but it's important for me to get in actual running which feels different from treadmill running.
I've got the Pfitzinger book now and will do the 18/70 program, but only for the fall marathon season. Right now, it's impossible to do the proper long runs outside, and the treadmill is tolerable for shorter runs--up to 60 minutes or so--but dreadful beyond that. Also, my left knee stiffens up after an hour or so.
My racing plans will be the ING half marathon target for May where I'll try to go under my 1:26 PB and a full in the fall. Of course this could change. There aren't many races around here so we'll see how it plays out.

No comments: