Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Racing a Half on May 4th

Up here in Timmins there are a couple of local races each year, but to run anything else you've got to drive some serious road time. So I was planning on going to Ottawa for the ING HM in late may. It's an 8-hour trip without stops. But now, I've found a good flat HM in Sudbury, which is only 3 hours away and comes up 3 weeks earlier.

So now I'm motivated! Today, I did some tempo work on the ole treadmill. A nice 5K in 20:10 or so with 4.5 other miles warm-up and cool down. It felt nice and controlled, indicating that my fitness has improved since last fall. Now if all this snow will melt, I'll get in some longer runs to be adequately prepared.

2 comments:

rundangerously said...

ron, nice tm workout.

about those travel distances, are you anywhere near peterborough, ontario? my friend and fellow marathoner, gene, lives up there and heads up the local running club.

Ron said...

Timmins is several hours from ANYWHERE! I hope my vexation isn't showing.