Thursday, February 26, 2009

In the 2 1/2 months I've been waiting around for my neurologist's appointment, I've run around 100 miles/month. Not much, but enough to be prepared to start building miles once I have a better fitness plan.

Thus far, I've been at around the same weight, which is good, and have been doing daily core and leg strengthening exercises. I don't see much in the way of results from these recommended lunges, crunches and recumbent stretches, but Rob-the PT says to do them until I get tested. So I do. After all, who's more compliant than yours truly?

I do not, however, believe Spring racing is on the docket, seeing that May is a cold 8 weeks away, and I haven't run long and hard in months. On the Feb/March cusp, it's a crisp 3*f outside, with cooling in the forecast.

A note to myself: don't leave the cold in December--holidays notwithstanding--it's too difficult to survive the next three months of brutal snow and wind. And I still have a month to go!

No comments: