Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's been awhile since I've had a real desire to write about my running. At this point, I'm waiting STILL for some testing to be done; I'm also beginning to run nearly daily again to rebuild the fitness.

It's difficult to run knowing something is wrong with a leg, but resting doesn't help and avoiding excessive mileage can keep me ready for the thaw--maybe 6 weeks out. After that, I can start to run and test myself. No marathons planned for the year, unless there's a magic bullet to the nerve troubles I've had. I ran through them last year...I just ran too far. Now, I'm strength training and stretching. I'll focus on the HM with 15 mile long runs and 45-50 mpw with more speed.

Chances are good this is my last winter living up here. There's no work for me and it's crazy cold here. But who knows?

No comments: