Saturday, December 15, 2007

In spite of the weather, the home treadmill has made it possible to log another 50-plus mile week. As I was driving around town this morning (to warm up the car) I still see no possibility of outdoor running without some seriously warm weather. By that I mean a week or so above 35 degrees to clean up the sidewalks, etc.

On the TM this week I did 2 days of two-a days. I'd never do that at this mileage, but it's hard for me to so long hard runs on the TM. So I'll do a session with speed or hills in the morning, and a slower run that PM.

If I stay at 8:20 pace it's pretty easy to go for a long time on the TM, but once I'm at 7:40 or faster, I start to heat up. So many runs start at 9:00/mile and finish at 7:30, for a 8:20 average. Outside, I'll start faster and average around 8:00 on most non-speed runs. I'm learning the value of not overdoing it on the "easy" runs.

No comments: