Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Deodorant

Today I was downstairs eating lunch when it occured to me that I'd forgotten to apply deodorant after my shower. Not that I smelled; it takes a long day frought with anxiety and chaos to get a real "BO" smell out of me. But it's a part of my routine: I run, shower, shave, brush my hair and add a pinch of "product" (I love calling hair stuff "product", it's so much better than gel or goo), and get dressed. The deodorant comes in during this whole "toilette" process.

Well, I forgot today. Not that I needed to make an impression on anybody. It's just a part of my hygene, and to be frank, I like the scent. I just couldn't focus on my lunch-it was really bugging me. So upstairs I went to be one with my deodorant. I've been feeling like an old man lately with all of my back troubles, so I took my muscle relaxer and anti-inflamitory meds and put on my compression belt. Then I put together a load of laundry, went back downstairs and started up the machine. What happened to the deodorant? I spaced on it...totally forgot. The I went upstairs and got sidetracked with the mail. But...I knew there was some reason I went up, so I thought. After a minute or so, I remembered.

Now I had to choose. Right Guard aerosol, Old Spice stick, or Speed Stick. I love the scent of Right Guard, and aerosol works better than stick. But I grabbed the Speed Stick since it's my least favorite of the three. No social interaction pending, so I used the SS. It was a fine lunch afterwards. I even had another freak occurance: my salad--favorite lunch-- had around 15 dice sized croutons, but one enormously long crouton; it was the size of a sharpie...that long!

I like my back meds. the pain pills don't do much for the pain, but they make me happy. The others help the muscles relax. I'm becoming #1 shaped rather than #2. Still I've got some #7 influence. So the marathon is on hold. I'll run a late fall race...but what? More later, I'm in a fog from my meds and it's bedtime...

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Too funny! Here we go with the non-running topics! Scared to think what might be next especially after taking more of your happy-making back meds!

Bert said...

Ron, here's hoping you can get the back straightened out sooner than you think; you may still be able to run the marathon. Sometimes a 'forced' lay-off can work to your advantage.