Monday, May 26, 2008

Well on Saturday I went 15.5 miles. It was a beautiful day here in Timmins and I ran my usual long run path, getting lost as usual. There have been some bear sightings so I was on the look out, but nothing unusual was seen but a pheasant. I love the post long-run feeling of mild soreness and fatigue; also the need to eat like a hog. The shower after feels so nice, and I always get a burst of energy during that evening.

My back, on the other hand might have preferred I stay home, based on the Sunday soreness. But now I can go long and really work on my endurance. My pace was est. 8:05 which is a good pace while building up the mileage. Had I been able to do this before last month's half-marathon, I'm certain I would have had a much stronger 2nd half. But I'll have a chance to prove that this fall.

Two days later, it's 32f and windy with snow showers. I hope the pheasant found some cover I'm on the treadmill today. I need the soft surface one more day.

No comments: