Saturday, June 14, 2008

Today, it was warm and muggy for the first time this summer...63f with 80% humidity, so I ran my long run at an early hour. I felt sluggish and had a stomach ache, but made my run a 19-miler at an easy(8:15) pace. Man...my legs were sore all around. No doubt, this is still a
building-up stage for mileage. So I took an unplanned ice-plunge afterwords in the bath. Wow! That really helped with the soreness.
It was a good training week of 61 miles, with two mini-speed sessions and the long run. I guess I burned off the Moroccan chicken and ice cream I consumed last night. Tonight, it's over to Laura and Ernie's for some pork with raspberry sauce. OK, the first 9 burned off last night, and the last 10 are for tonight...

1 comment:

Bert said...

Dude,

63f with 80% humidity - sounds pretty good to me! We won't see that here in Houston probably until October...

61 miles, good week! I just broke 40 for the first time in many weeks.

Hoping to do 8 tomorrow morning, have to burn off the spaghetti with marinara sauce!