Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thought for the day:

I'm not much interested in matters political, but Heather is, and she has the remote. So on CNN they're making a fuss over Sarah Palin's wardrobe that allegedly costs $150,000. I find it hard to imagine any clothes costing THAT much, but if it does, it does. But why should she have to pay for it? As I understand, the makers of her glasses and accessories are seeing huge profits since she hit the airwaves. Whatever happened to freebies? I doubt that Venus Williams or Maria Sharapova pay a dime for their cloths--just the opposite, they get paid like a queen to wear them.

So I say, Obama and Palin look great in their cloths so comp 'em. Heck after a few of my best races, some other runners asked me about my shoes when I got off the victory stand. Adidas should comp ME as well for my effusive praise. Fair's fair, right?

Now McCain needs to foot the bill for his shoes. Sorry John, but you don't have the glam thing going.

Vote for someone on the 4th!

2 comments:

go annie said...

Ha Ha! Very funny stuff! Now, Cindy McCain has been under fire about her over-the-top wardrobe. But I have to admit, she looks great!

And yes, I will be voting.

Bert said...

Right on, Ron: the manufacturers of those glasses should be paying Sarah Palin royalties... And yes I will be voting for someone too.