Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An update...

I'm running three times a week these days. Just 5 miles per run if I feel up to it. Without a marathon or target race, it's hard to get too motivated to run, especially with pain all over. But I'm OK with it. I need the rest...emotionally. I guess I've become a running addict and need to rest up for a while. I suppose it's for the greater good.

I must say it's a little sad, though. Here I have a brand new pair of Supernovas that I was saving for my Toronto Waterfront marathon this year, and in the box they sit. Nearly every runner I ran with back in 2003 has slowed down more than I have. But they are still running, unlike me. They haven't fought father time with the intensity ...running more miles than ever before, with disastrous results. Well, I'll wear the new shoes sometime soon.

This winter, I will X-country ski. When in Rome, right?

Readers...Enjoy each run! It's a gift to be so healthy...

3 comments:

go annie said...

I will second that! It is truly a gift to be healthy.

So Ron, keep focusing on getting healthy again and everything else will follow including your Supernovas :)

Bert said...

Health comes before anything else, too true. The shoes can and will wait. You'll be amazed what a few weeks of rest can do. Cross-country skiing would be an excellent way to keep your aerobic system in good shape, without the pounding of running.

Unknown said...

Ronster,

Been awhile since I checked in but thinking of you over here in Korea as the JoongAng Marathon fast approaches [just 10 and 1/2 days left but who's counting, eh?! ;-) ]. Sorry to hear you are on the DL but as hard as it might be, try to stay positive, easy running and stretching and I hope to read/hear of you back on those frigid Timmons' roads soon.

Gregory