Thursday, February 14, 2008

Last year I kept trying to run on a high-pain hip inflamation and wound up having spasms.

Since I had no insurance at the time, I read up and concluded that total rest was indicated (Noakes). After two weeks, I walked. Then walk-ran. Four weeks later, I was able to run regularly again at a cautious pace.

I hated not running. Then again, walking was painful due to my trying to run too soon. So you might want to drop any spring race plans and give yourself time to heal. Since you've been running 25 years it's not likely a biomechanical problem that needs fixing. Just something VERY aggravated due to attempts to run without adequate recovery time.

It took me two months to regain my conditioning, but the pain has been gone for a year now. Good luck!

No comments: