Wednesday, February 20, 2008



Lately, I've been watching "House MD" a lot. I owe this to my sister, Cindy, who asked for Season 1 DVD as a Christmas gift upon my return from Korea. I complied, never having seen the program ( in Korea it was aired on Armed Forces Network but my last year at the university we didn't get it). Once I moved to Canada, I began to watch the Mystery Network on cable. Well, any show about an MD that's on a mystery station intrigues me. I'm not a big TV viewer, but I've always been a fan of "Law and Order," "L&O Criminal Intent," and now House. Maybe it's because the main characters are around my age. Hugh Laurie and Vincent D'Onofrio were both born the year I was (1959)and I enjoy seeing displays of professional virtuosity woven through a good plot.

Myself....well I'm a PhD.(my relatives always tease me for my lack of a lucrative credential), but as a composer/scholar, I'm as ostracised as House and Goren by those who think me presumptuous or condescending. That's what I like about running: you are what you do--no pretence. I'll run with anyone. A shared run is a wonderful thing.

1 comment:

tww1980 said...

Hello Ron.....just thought I drop by your blog......good reading.