Friday, October 19, 2007

Running Faster

Tomorrow Heather and I are getting a treadmill. This will make running through the intemperate Timmins winter a little easier. It only goes up to 10 MPH, which is of little concern to Heather, but for me, it means for VO2 work I'll need to use the incline...oh well.

This brings me to my running resolution. I'm going to time most of my runs and make sure I'm going under 8:00/mile for much of my run.

I used to run at a faster pace, and felt better doing it. While in Korea, it was hard to go fast on the streets. But now that I'm back, I'm going to get into the 7:30-8:00 easy pace. On the tread this will be easy to monitor. It's a matter of health, in part. Slower running means sloppy running in my case.

There are some early spring races I'd like to run, so we'll see if I can get my speed up.

No comments: