Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good News--My Treadmill Stinks!

Now that I'm running outdoors, I'm finding that my natural pace is nearly a minute/mile faster than what it felt to be on the infernal running machine.
Today, for example, I ran for 30 minutes at 8:20 pace on the tread, then went outside and ran with the same perceived effort. I went 6.35 miles in 44:45--more like 7:10 pace. And I had to slow several times due to poor footing. I'd be more skeptical of the outdoor routes, but I did them last year and they were accurate.
In Panama, the Gym's TMs seemed easier to keep a good pace on...bottom line--my treadmill is miscalibrated, and I spent the winter running faster and possibly longer than thought. Sweet! Last season, my back injury kept such a pall on running that going faster is a great relief. Sudberry HM here we come!

No comments: