Sunday, April 13, 2008

ENDORPHINS
Time keeps slipping by without my training shifting into pre-race mode. So today I did a tempo session after a 2 mile w/up, followed by a 2-mile cool down. Pace was around 6:30/mile, which I ran for 3.5 miles. This is around my LT pace. I felt so good afterwards, I posted the following on RW marathon training forum:What does it for you? We're always told that these magical mood elevators are connected to running. Any workout do it for you? Or is it just running in general?
For me, the tempo run, once completed, gives me a relaxed, hopeful, giddy feeling. I suspect being at threshold pace without battering the legs does the trick
.
How about you?
workout: 2 miles at 8:45
3.5 miles at 6:30
1 mile at 8:30

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ron,

Just checking in and glad to read some entries where you got to get outside and run some miles out there in Timmons. Sorry to hear your legs are not really liking the adjustment but they'll come around I'm sure. Keep up the good training. I have to pick up my training as the biz trip to Africa made things difficult to get in some quality runs.

Gregory (Pudov)