Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yikes!!!

If any of you have ever spent a winter either cross-training or running on the treadmill exclusively, you might have gone through the muscle and joint pain I'm experiencing right now! Since November I've run around 1,000 miles on our treadmill and maybe 30 on the streets. Now that Spring is hear I'm paying for it.

What do I mean? Well, in the past week I've gone 32 miles on the wet streets of 50-degree Timmins and my legs feel like they belong in a trauma unit. It's slowly getting better, but my runs still remind me of the last 6.2 of my last marathon. I was wincing the whole way. But that's what Ibu was invented for...Rather than fantasising about a cool Gatorade and a Cliff bar, I'm seeing the plastic Advil container and those brown 400mg pills. I wonder if our neighbor's black lab is going through this? It was a long winter.

No comments: