Thursday, April 3, 2008

Treadmill Withdrawls...

Last week, I had a chance to run on the terra firma of Panama. It was hot out, of course, and the roads felt different than the treadmill I've been training on all winter. Though I really didn't know my exact pace, I felt the runs in a big way after a couple of days. My quads were burning the way they do after a marathon. So I had some DOMS as the mere result of running on streets.

It was the first time as a runner that I ran so many consecutive days on the treadmill, so I anticipated some readjustment to outdoor running. But that was harsh! Now that it's April I'll start running outdoors here in Timmins, though there's still a 30-inch snow cover on the ground as of today. Besides, I don't want to lose my tan! But it'll take some time to transition from the TM to the great outdoors.

2 comments:

Ron Abramson said...

Boy, someone who knows worse weather than we have this winter. Good luck transitioning back to the roads. Don't do too much too soon outside.

Cheers, ESG

Ron said...

Too late...I feel the pain already!