Friday, April 4, 2008

RUNNING IN SPRING
For the first time in months, I ran outdoors in the Spring air of Timmins. It was 50 degrees and the sound of melting snow cascading into street drains pervaded the air. The bluish sky gave color to the houses, cars and even snowbanks that had all been a sepia mixture of deadened earth tones for so long a time. In truth, I forgot about much of the life that exists up here.

It's a good thing I ran around 20 of my miles in the heat of Panama last week. My quads are going to need some time adjusting to asphalt. I'd say, treadmill running is close to real running, but it's not real running in terms of muscle group demands.

I went around 7 miles, though I don't really know precicely since I was playing "dodge the icy streets" during parts of the run. People are out now...Dogs are walking with their masters who smile at me. The playlists on the ipod sound as if I'm hearing the songs with fresh ears.
Tomorrow, I think I'll go outside again...

No comments: